Saturday, March 6, 2021

Time flies!

Good grief, it's been over a month since my last post!  Time does indeed fly, and I've been keeping busy getting ready to put some of my work in Sedona Artist Market Gallery, preparing to roll off as co-manager at Arts Connection, doing my income taxes (for the first time in over 30 years!), working up some crochet rope bowls and more.

Here is my booth at Sedona Artist Market Gallery:




And my friend Cinde's display - we actually now have 4 of the Arts Connection artists there!


Cinde does extraordinary beadwork, and my faves are the "Tree Spirits".  Each one has a name, and they combine dead wood with her lovely beading and molded faces she has made which give them wonderful personalities.  I left this photo in the original size to show off the details of her work... it still doesn't do them justice, but at least you can get an idea of what she does.

The crocheted rope bowls are at Arts connection going through the jurying process to see if they are accepted to come in to the gallery.  I've completed 4 so far, and love how they are coming out, but decided to see what the jury committee think before I go any further.  Here's the latest:

Oh, and one more very important thing I have to report since my last post: my husband and I
have received both of our Covid-19 vaccines!  The second one laid me flat for part of Friday, but I
expected it, so was prepared to just rest, nap and act like a sloth... today, I feel great!  And now that we are close to 95% immunity, I'm looking forward to being able to do some things I haven't done for close to a year, woo-hoo!

In closing, I am going to share a meme I saw online that I think is very inspirational:

Let's all embrace the sentiment!  See you next time...

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

You've sure been busy! Your display in Sedona is beautiful, and maybe I'll actually get up there some day to see it in person.

Beth said...

It all looks wonderful and I do hope you all succeed well.