Monday, January 5, 2009

Little nibblets of progress

I haven't posted much lately of fiber art, not because I haven't been working, but just because of year end, new year, etc. Today, I dyed my first fabric of the year, for a Round Robin I am participating in through Jane Dunnewold's Complex Cloth yahoo group. I used muslin, and accordion folded it, used can lids, clamps, and bamboo skewers banded together to resist the dye. I used Golden yellow, a little deep orange, and baby pink dyes. Here is the result:
It actually looks paler in person, but for some reason I couldn't get the editing program to lighten it. At any rate, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Now it will go to 4 other people in the group to have them add their own treatments to it, and will come back to me totally transformed. I look forward to receiving pieces from the other members so I can do the same.
Another project I have been working on the past couple of days is a fabric post card. I am almost done with it, and will post a picture then. I have fused fabric, stamped, hand and machine embroidered on it so far. I even made up a template for the back side which I may use. I am going to try printing on fabric with my Bubble Jet Set transfer solution, which I have used before and like. Stay tuned, and I will post the results soon!
On another note, this was one of those days where things didn't want to go right! My car has been stuck in the driveway since Friday, when I drove over a snow berm and got wedged in. My Hubby and a neighbor tried to pull it out with a tow chain, and not only didn't it budge, but the brake fluid hoses were damaged in the process. We called the towing service, and the guy came out, put the car on the back, and took it to the wrong mechanic. A few hours later, I discovered the mistake when I called our mechanic and he told me the car never got there. Needless to say, I won't be seeing the car until tomorrow. Meanwhile, my hubby's computer keeps getting infected with spyware, so our trusty computer guy came out, cleaned it, installed new software to block spyware, and went on his way. Later, my hubby discovered he could not access several of his drives..... yeesh! Another visit tomorrow from computer guy! That's my tale of woe from the snowy prairie....

No comments: