Thursday, November 6, 2008

New class

I am taking an on-line class in Mixed Media with fiber and paper by Jane LaFazio, which started last Thursday. Our first assignment was to create several backgrounds which will be used for upcoming lessons. We were asked to use untreated canvas, watercolor paper and muslin, and apply gesso, acrylic paints and liquid medium, stamp, stencil, etc., to create the backgrounds. It has been a long while since I used acrylics, and I have always been a little heavy-handed with color, so I had to rework the first backgrounds I created. Yesterday, I did several more, and this time I was able to tone down the colors some and come up with better results. Here is what I have done so far:
Now I'm waiting for lesson 2, which should be coming any minute! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

lookin' good! :-) Can't wait to see what you do with lesson two.