Thursday, September 27, 2007

Creative Endeavors

July 20, 2007 - I have spent the past week in a creative class at our local Community College. It has been way too long since I tried new creative outlets, and the experience has been exhilirating, overwhelming and tiring, but I have come away with new tools to play with, which is exactly why I signed up for the class. For the longest time, I have wanted to try screen printing, stamping and batik. I have also wanted to improve my skillset in the area of discharge dyeing. All these techniques were demonstrated and applied in this class. It's actually a class designed to create complex cloth, and my main focus has been tie-dye for a number of years. But really, I have an umbrella of wearable art I have been working under, which allows me to incorporate a number of techniques in my work. So today is the last day of class, and we are free to use the techniques on any project... my head is swimming with all the things I have learned, and what I really want to do is come home and play quietly on my own -- time for that later. I will post pictures soon!

No comments: