This doesn't include the bins I have of smaller pieces! As you can see, it has become a problem... but I have come up with another project to use some of it up - Composition Book covers! I have done some before, but recently, my fiber arts buddy Lynda Heines posted about making covers on her blog. You can see her post here. I made a couple using instructions I got on you tube, but they did not look that great... thanks to Lynda, I learned I could eliminate one step - top stitching the edges - and that helped a lot! Here is one I finished yesterday:
Monday, September 8, 2014
As you may recall from previous posts, I am always trying to find ways to use up my ever-growing fabric stash! Here are a couple of shots of the grubby piles:
At this rate, it will take another 100 years to use up my stash, but I love how it came out! Hopefully, I will get several done before my October and November shows... think this would make a nice holiday gift, don't you? Time to get back to the piles!
Monday, September 1, 2014
I have been wanting to add some tutorials to my blog for quite awhile now. I have had links on my other site, Hippiewear, to some videos on youtube, but never added them here. So today, I am launching my Tutorial page, and in addition to my videos, I hope to add many more tutorials soon. The ones I have in mind for the near future will probably be written with photos, as I just don't seem to have the time anymore to create, edit and upload videos. But hopefully, they will be helpful to anyone interested in trying their hand at dyeing, batik, or other surface design techniques I can gather up and post there. So enjoy, and let me know if you try them!
Dye Class, 2011